FirstPathway Partners recently attended the 2015 EB-5 Investor Based Immigration Seminar in Orlando, Florida. Presented by Pincus Professional Education, the in-depth conference surveyed the latest on the process, the people, the law and the vast opportunities EB-5 offers to investors and EB-5 professionals.
Some of the panels discussed included:
- EB-5 Immigration Basics
- Brief historical overview of the program
- I-526 andI-829 processes
- Conditional permanent residence
- Who Should Consider EB-5?
- The need for experienced EB-5 team members
- Pre-residency Tax and Estate Planning in Advance of Obtaining an EB-5 Visa
- Overview of U.S. taxation of foreign persons
- Planning errors and how to avoid them
- Considerations for projects
- Regional Center models explained
- How are jobs counted?
- Introduction to economic models and TEAs
- EB-5 Offerings
- Intro into Securities Law issues
- Putting together an Offering
The full event ran two days and yielded investors, developers, economists, EB-5 attorneys, and other professionals. FirstPathway Partners looks forward to next year's event.