Did you know that you can apply for a United States E-2 visa by being from a Treaty Country? The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. See U.S. Department of State's Treaty Countries for a current list of countries with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.
A United States E-2 visa allows an investor to live and do business in the U.S. in exchange for a “substantial” investment inside the U.S. To qualify for E-2 classification, the treaty investor must:
- Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
- Have invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States
- Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise.
- This is established by showing at least 50% ownership of the enterprise or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.
FirstPathway Partners is able to assist you in finding the right enterprise to accomplish your immigration goals. Contact us, to learn more.
E-2 VISA BENEFITS
- Expeditious processing: U.S. E-2 visa can generally be obtained within 3 months
- Unlimited number of extensions
- Investor’s spouse and dependent children under 21 years old may be included
- Investor’s spouse can apply to work anywhere in the U.S.
- Free high-school education for children in the U.S. with E-2 visa and in-state college tuition rates
- E-2 can have the potential to be converted to EB-5 over the course of time
- Investor and dependents may spend time in the U.S. without being subject to world-wide income tax